We’ve been dying to tell you – and now, we can finally lift the lid on exactly what Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is – and how it links through to the second part of MGSV, The Phantom Pain.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will serve as an entry-level experience and prologue to the events of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Through Ground Zeroes, players will get to grips with some of the gameplay elements that will be fully realised in The Phantom Pain, including an introduction into the more open world environments we can expect to see in Kojima’s upcoming epic. Key features of the game include:
- THE POWER OF FOX ENGINE – Ground Zeroes showcases Kojima Productions’ stunning FOX Engine, a true next-generation game engine which revolutionizes the Metal Gear Solid experience.
- INTRODUCTION TO OPEN WORLD DESIGN – The first Metal Gear Solid title to offer open world gameplay. Ground Zeroes offers total freedom of play: how missions are undertaken is entirely down to the user.
- UNRESTRICTED STEALTH – Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries. Players use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak their way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing. Each will have different effects on game consequences and advancement.
- MULTIPLE MISSIONS AND TASKS – Ground Zeroes boasts a central story mode and additional side-missions ranging from tactical action, aerial assaults and “covert” stages that will be sure to surprise.
- REDESIGNED INTERFACE – Ground Zeroes users will benefit from a clean in-game HUD that shows the minimal amount of on-screen data to give a more intense gaming experience.
- VARIOUS IN-GAME WEATHER SETTINGS – Ground Zeroes will test the player in a variety of time and weather environments that will be central to METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain. Use night conditions to your advantage, or poor weather as strategic cover.
- TRUE NEXT GENERATION GAMING – Available simultaneously with the current generation of gaming consoles, Ground Zeroes will give PS4 and Xbox One consumers the chance to showcase the power of their new machines.
The Kojima Productions team have also revealed that the prologue will bridge the gap between previous Metal Gear installments and The Phantom Pain from a narrative perspective. In Ground Zeroes, players will play as Big Boss, who sets off on a rescue mission infiltrate Camp Omega – a Cuban prison camp. The hostages hold key information concerning Snake and his private military organisation that Snake and his ally Kaz Miller must prevent from being exposed. This sets in motion a series of events that build into the opening of The Phantom Pain itself.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be released for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in Spring 2014. The boxed Playstation®3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will retail at £29.99/€29.99, whilst the digital releases will cost £19.99/€19.99. Digital versions of the Playstation®4 and Xbox One will retail for £29.99/€29.99.
You can read the full Konami press release by Clicking Here.